Proven Steps of Brother Printer Installation on Windows
Installing Wireless Brother Printer on Windows is an easy task. However you cannot connect any wireless printer to your computer using any cable. To connect a wireless Brother printer to a computer, you would need to use an internet network. When both your printer and your computer are connected to the same network, your computer would be able to detect your Brother printer.
If you have recently purchased a Brother printer and you don’t know how to connect Brother Printer to computer without cable, then this guide is for you. We have compiled a short simple guide to teach you how to install Brother wireless printer on Windows.
By following the steps written in this guide, you would be able to establish a connection between your Windows device and your Brother printer, which would help you to ensure that your printer can receive the print commands you send from your computer. Scroll below to find the step-by step procedure on how to install Brother wireless printer on Windows.
Step-by-Step Procedure for Brother Printer Installation on Windows
- Brother Wireless Printer Hardware Installation.
- Connecting Brother Wireless printer to internet.
- Installing Brother Wireless printer on Windows.
- To learn how to connect Brother Printer to computer without cable you must follow the steps mentioned under all these 3 sections properly. However before you begin with this guide, you should ensure that your computer is connected to a strong internet network. Make sure that this internet network is not too congested and has a strong signal strength. You must also gather basic information about your internet network which includes the name and the security password of your network. Once you have checked the quality of your internet network, you can scroll further to know how to install Brother wireless printer on Windows.
1. Brother Wireless Printer Hardware installation.
Before you learn how to connect Brother Printer to computer without cable, you should know how to complete your Brother Printer installation. If you have already installed your printer, you can chose to skip this section or read through to ensure that you have followed all the necessary steps. Almost all kinds of Brother Printers can be installed using the steps written below:
- Remove your Brother wireless printer from its box by gently lifting it and placing it on a table. Make sure that you remove the packaging material from around your Brother printer before you try to lift it.
- Keep your Brother printer in the same room as your Windows device.
- Install the ink cartridges in your printer and keep some paper on the paper tray before you connect your Brother printer to power.
- Make sure that all the parts of your printer have been installed properly by cross-checking with the instruction manual and then turn your Brother printer ON.
Once you have completed the steps mentioned in this section, you can proceed further to knowhow to install Brother wireless printer on Windows.
2. Connecting Brother Wireless printer to internet.
Only by connecting your wireless printer to the internet can you connect it to your computer. Therefore, if you want to know how to connect Brother Printer to computer without cable then you should follow the steps written below:
- Go to the dashboard of your wireless Brother printer. Find the “Menu” button and press the button to open the menu.
- Now, find the “Network” option. You can use the arrow keys to scroll through the different options in the menu. Select the “Network” option once you find it by pressing “OK.”
- This should open another menu. Find and select the “WLAN” option.
- Now select “Setup Wizard” using the “OK” button.
- Press “OK” again when your Brother printer displays “WLAN Enable?” on the screen.
- Your Brother printer will now scan and list all the available network options. Use the arrow keys to select your internet network.
- Enter your Network password to connect your printer to your internet network.
- Once your printer has access to your network, it will print a connection report.
After following the steps mentioned in this section, your Brother printer should be online. Now, you only need to connect your printer to your computer to complete this guide. Proceed to the next section to learn how to install Brother wireless printer on Windows.
3. Installing Brother Wireless printer on Windows.
Follow the steps written below if you wish to know how to install Brother wireless printer on Windows:
- Go to your start menu and type “Printers & scanners.”
- Open the “Printers & scanners” application window to select “Add a Printer or Scanner” option. You can do so by clicking on the plus sign.
- Select your printer from the list of printers available to your computer.
- Close the window once the connection has been established.
This concludes the last step of this guide. You should now know how to connect Brother Printer to computer without cable.
If you have followed all the steps mentioned in our guide then you would now know how to install brother wireless printer on Windows. We recommend that you download Brother Printer drivers on your computer before you start using your printer. You can check out our other guides to know how to do that. We hope that this guide helped you to learn how to connect Brother Printer to computer without cable. Please send us a message, in case you faced any issues while performing the steps mentioned in this guide. We would love to help you further!