Learn How to Connect Brother Printer to Wi-Fi
Brother is one of the most popular printer manufacturing brands. It manufactures all kinds of printers including multiple types of inkjet and laser printers for business and home needs. We can broadly classify Brother Printers into two categories – wired Brother Printers and wireless Brother Printers. Wired Brother Printers can be connected to computer directly with the help of a USB cable and therefore they do not need to be connected to any internet networks.
However, Wireless Brother Printers can only be connected to your computer through Wi-Fi, therefore, you must know how to connect Brother Printer to Wi-Fi before you begin your Brother Printer installation process.
Wireless Brother Printers must be connected to Wi-Fi properly because unless the printer is connected to the internet it cannot receive any print commands. Therefore, if you are planning on installing your Brother printer for the first time or if you have been facing any difficulties in operating your Brother printer then you must learn how to connect Brother Printer to Wi-Fi. While there are many ways to do so, we have mentioned the simplest procedure to help you connect your Brother Printer to Wi-Fi. Scroll below to find our guide.
The Step-By-Step Procedure on How to Connect Brother Printer to Wi-Fi
1. Keep your Brother printer close to the internet router and your computer:
While you don’t exactly need to keep all three at the same table, your printer, your computer, and your internet router must be in a close vicinity. This is because if your printer is kept a little too far away from the computer or the router, then it would not be able to catch the signal and establish a connection. Therefore, if you want to learn how to connect Brother Printer to Wi-Fi, then you should make sure that you keep your printer close to your router and computer.
2. Only connect your printer to the internet network that your computer is connected to:
This is important since your computer will only be able to discover your Brother printer if your Brother printer is connected to the same network as your computer. Therefore make sure that you are connecting both your computer and your printer to the same internet connection.
Now follow the steps written below to complete your Brother Printer hardware setup and to learn how to connect Brother Printer to Wi-Fi from scratch:
- Open your Brother Printer box by removing all the tapes and plastic wrapping from around it using a pair of scissors.
- Gently remove the cushion material from around your Brother Printer until you can separate your Brother Printer from the box.
- Take your Brother Printer out of the box and keep it on a smooth surface near your computer and your internet router.
- Install the ink cartridges by opening your printer’s ink slots and inserting the ink in the slots. Make sure that you remove the packaging material from the slots before you install the ink.
- Now you must place some sheets of paper in your Brother Printer’s paper tray. Make sure that you adjust your paper tray before putting in the paper.
- Connect the Brother Printer’s power cable to a socket and turn the power switch ON.
- Let your printer turn ON.
- Now if you want to learn how to connect Brother Printer to Wi-Fi, press the “Menu” button on the dashboard of your printer.
- Use the arrow keys to navigate yourself to the “Network” option.
- Now select “WLAN” and then select “Setup Wizard.”
- Confirm your choice when your Brother printer asks you “WLAN Enable?”
- You will now see a list of networks that are available to you. Pick the network that your computer is connected to and enter the password.
- Your Brother printer will now try to connect to the network and will print a report when it is done.
This concludes our step-by-step guide on how to connect Brother Printer to Wi-Fi. You should now be able to connect your printer to your computer easily.
If you have followed all the steps mentioned in our guide above then you would know how to connect Brother Printer to Wi-Fi. After completing the steps mentioned above you should connect your printer to your computer using the Wi-Fi network and install appropriate drivers. If you wish to know more about Brother Printer installation then you should check out our other guides. We hope that this guide helped you in connecting your printer to Wi-Fi! Don’t hesitate to reach out to us in case you face any issues!