The Simplest Guide on How to Connect HP Printer to Wi-Fi
Connecting HP printers to the internet is an important part of HP printer installation process, especially for wireless HP printers since wireless printers can only be connected to your computer through an internet network. If your HP printer is not connected to the internet properly then it can cause some HP printer problems since your HP wireless printer also needs to be connected to internet so that it can receive print commands from your computer and download updates automatically.
Many users don’t know how to connect HP printer to Wi-Fi. If you are one of those people who have no idea about the process then you don’t have to worry. We have made the simplest guide ever to help you to learn how to connect your HP printer to Wi-Fi. Follow the short and simple instructions mentioned in our guide below to effortlessly connect your HP printer to Wi-Fi.
The step-by-step procedure on how to connect HP printer to Wi-Fi
- 1. Carefully remove the tapes and the plastic wrapping from your HP printer’s box using scissors.
- 2. Open the box.
- 3. You would see some packaging material around your HP printer. Gently separate and remove the packaging from around your printer until your printer is free enough for you to lift it.
- 4. Now, remove the printer form its box and keep it on a smooth surface. Don’t keep your printer too far away from your computer. Remember that your computer would not be able to search for your printer if your printer is kept too far away.
- 5. Now open your printer and check the ink cartridge slots. Insert the ink in the slots after removing the packaging material.
- 6. Similarly, adjust the paper tray and then place some sheets of paper on it.
- 7. Insert your printer’s power cable into a socket and turn the switch ON.
Connecting HP printer to Wi-Fi is an easy process and should not take you more than 20 minutes. You can follow the steps mentioned in our guide if you are trying to connect your printer to Wi-Fi as a part of your first HP printer installation process or if you are trying to troubleshoot any HP printer problems that you might be facing.
Before you learn how to connect HP printer to Wi-Fi, you must complete the HP hardware setup. If your hardware is not installed properly then also you might face some HP printer problems in the future. To install your HP printer hardware, follow the steps written below. You can skip this part if you have already completed your printer’s hardware installation:
This should complete the HP printer hardware installation. Now, you can move on to the next set of instructions and learn how to connect HP printer to Wi-Fi:
- 1. Once your printer is ON, look at the LCD screen of your printer.
- 2. You would see the Wi-Fi icon. Select this icon to navigate yourself to the “Network” window.
- 3. Select “Wireless Settings” under “Network”.
- 4. Run the “Wireless Setup Wizard”.
- 5. Select the network that your computer is already connected to. Make sure that your internet network has a strong signal and that it is not too congested.
- 6. Enter the correct password to connect your printer to your internet network. Your printer should now be online.
- 7. Now, if you wish to install HP wireless printer on your computer, open your computer’s start menu and go to “Settings”.
- 8. Select “Devices” and then select “Printers & Scanners” to select the “add a printer” option.
- 9. Your computer will begin searching for all the available printers around it. Click on your printer when it appears in the search result.
This concludes our guide on how to connect HP printer to Wi-Fi.Conclusion
If you have followed all the steps mentioned in our guide above then you would know how to connect HP printer to Wi-Fi. This guide should also help you to complete your hardware installation and to connect your printer to your computer. After completing this process, your printer should respond to the commands of your computer. However, you must install HP printer drivers before you start using your printer. You can navigate to our other blogs to learn how to do that. We hope this guide helped you! Don’t hesitate to ask us for more solutions if you face any problem.